APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: blu ray washed out

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Roger Poole
Re: blu ray washed out
on Oct 16, 2016 at 4:06:29 pm

Gerret, You do have Quicktime 7 installed, specifically v-7.6.6 ? If so, you have to drop the x264 codec into the correct folder, Library/Quicktime. Open that folder to check you have the correct folder, it has all the codecs in there. Once you have X264 in there you can build a custom X264 pre-set following Larry Jordan's instructions. Save it as a custom pre-set for future use.

Toast. I'm still using Toast 11 so I can't help you with your version. In 11 click the customise button then the encoding tab to set re-encoding to never. As I said, if you burn the disk directly it will defy your preferences and re-encode anyway which will destroy your carefully crafted x264 encode. Building a disk image first is the way to go. It may seem a long winded approach but it is actually quicker. Again, you can keep the disk image to quickly burn more copies at a later date if you wish.

Compressor. Yes you are right, that version doesn't give the give the Blu ray burn option. Anyway I prefer to turn that option off and change the end action to "Do nothing", that way you get to keep the encoded blu ray and audio files to use again if you wish - or to use in Toast.

Good luck.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]