APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Using FCP7 to edit 4K

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

john whiteway
Re: Using FCP7 to edit 4K
on Jul 31, 2016 at 9:00:32 pm

Thank you very much for the helpful reply. I'd just like to make sure I've understood all you've said.

I think you are agreeing that the route from FCP7 to FCP10 I described in my original post would work. I could create two sets of ProRes files, one 2K to edit on FCP7 and the other 4K to connect to on FCP10 after I have changed the FCP7 project file via the Intelligent Assistance App to a project file readable on FCP10.

It seems you are also saying that I could do essentially the same through DaVinci Resolve, only in this case I'd export my FCP7 project file from FCP7 as an XML file (something I've never done before).

Are you referring to the DaVinci Resolve “Lite” version that is free, or the version you have to buy? And are you saying that DaVinci will immediately recreate my FCP7 project, but now in the original 4K?

Suppose I'd also ask, for someone not familiar with DaVinci do you think that that route would be harder and more complicated than the route of FCP7 via the Intelligent Assistance App to FCP10 that I've described above.

If you think it an easier and more logical route, and I can do that with the free Lite version of Resolve offered by DaVinci, maybe I should take a stab at learning how to do that.

As for Premiere Pro, I am aware of its greater similarity to FCP7, but it is expensive. With it's monthly cloud rental fee one is soon paying a heck of a lot of money for it. At least FCP10 sells for a one time reasonable price. That was really the reason I was considering this route

Thanks again. I learned a lot from what you wrote earlier and you help is much appreciated.

John

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]