APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Using FCP7 to edit 4K

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

john whiteway
Using FCP7 to edit 4K
on Jul 31, 2016 at 2:57:21 am

Guess I'm not alone in trying to figure out ways to edit 4k material. I'm still a fan of FCP 7 and would love to keep using it, so I was wondering if this would work.....

I could down res the 4K material to Pro Res 2k and edit away on FCP7. Would it be possible then to take the original 4K material and convert it to 4K ProRes files, putting them on a separate drive and giving the files the same names (and of course having the same time codes)? Then would it be possible for me to buy FCP10, load these 4K ProRes files to it and import the finished project file from FCP7 and “reconnect media”? Would I now have my project fully edited in 4k and ready for export?

Would be great if something like this could work? Perhaps the extension on the FCP7 project file might have to be changed – don't know as I don't yet know FCP10, but I know that in the past I've been able to import files from earlier versions of FCP to FCP7 when I changed the extension.

I could, of course, learn how to edit the whole 4K thing on FCP10, but everything I've seen about 10 makes me want to stay with 7.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

John

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]