APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Problem using "Log & transfer" in FCP 7.0.3 to ingest AVCHD footage

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bruce Cooke
Problem using "Log & transfer" in FCP 7.0.3 to ingest AVCHD footage
on Jan 31, 2015 at 6:06:50 pm

I apologize if this is a stupid question. I'm having problems getting AVCHD footage into FCP7. In the past, I used "log and capture" to capture footage from tape - no problem. I've also used "log and transfer" to capture media on P-2 cards successfully.

I'm now using "log and transfer" for AVCHD footage for the first time. The footage was shot on a Panasonic AG-AC90 camera and recorded to a SDHC card. When I put the SD card in the Mac it appears on the desktop, I believe as "Camera_SD." In FCP, when I open "log and capture" the clips appear as expected in the logging window. However, there appears to be no media with them. Their durations read 00:00:00:00. Nor is there an image. My understanding is that the files should be converted to Pro Res during this process. I have set my preferences to Pro Res Lite.

I'm stuck, so I would appreciate anyone's help with this. This is the first time I've worked with AVCHD footage. Thanks.

Bruce

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]