APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Field Dominance Anomaly with DNxHD codec recompress vs import

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jeff Greenberg
Re: Field Dominance Anomaly with DNxHD codec recompress vs import
on Mar 28, 2013 at 6:37:32 pm

My day has gotten crazy, but here are some quick ideas

Try DNxHD in cinec. Get something out (without it crashing) Try different prores flavors too.

There's FFMPEGBC (Broadcast). Try a command line version. Try a GUI for it: http://www.stuudio.ee/anothergui/

If it's a file named 264, its gotta be a h264 stream. Maybe a re-wrapper will work (and then a conversion)

Last, could you run Media Info on the 264 file (or better yet post one for me?) - I'd like to see one.

[Andrew Johnson] " I surmise this is because of the protection issues around the Apple codecs, or the streaming issue, or the bad coding of Cinec, but I’m about ready to hurl this godforsaken PC lemon into the street as I can’t get even one decent file from any of this mindless trial-and-error ludicrousness."

No protection around ProRes...but it's been shoehorned into FFMPEG - so who knows what's been done there. I don't know about the coding of Cinec.

Don't blame the PC - it's the stream your struggling with. Call the company and give them a piece of your mind!

(But seriously, can you give me a small file so I can look at it?)

Best,

Jeff I. Greenberg
Author/Master Instructor/Speaker/Consulting
My contact info and more
New! Come see me speak @ NAB/Post Production World!

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]