APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Basic system layout questions: TBC + AVDC110 + monitor...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Dave Nelson
Basic system layout questions: TBC + AVDC110 + monitor...
on Jan 8, 2013 at 2:56:47 am

Hello.

I'm using a Canopus AVDC 110 to capture Hi-8 tapes. I also have a small, blue gun equipped video monitor (Panasonic BTS901Y 9") and a Hotronic AP-31 TBC that I'd like to use to -hopefully- adjust the quality of the analog SD video before it gets to the AVDC110.

Here's what I think is true: from the source VCR (camcorder actually) the signal should go through the TBC and then to monitor, and then the AVDC 110.

Questions -

If I split the signal after the TBC and run one to the video monitor and one to the AVDC 110 will there be a problem with signal strength?
Am I right that I should run a test signal through the TBC to adjust it before capturing?
If so, is the monitor sufficient for judging any adjustments to be made to the signal by the TBC - for example, by running color bars through the TBC and viewing them with the blue gun on the monitor?
Or do I also an external waveform monitor/vectorscope?
I use Mac + Final Cut Express. I could upgrade to FCP but my impression is that FC's monitors can't be used on incoming video, only on video that's already imported.

That's a lot of big questions. Thanks for your help!

Dave

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]