APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: FCP vs. Sony Vegas....you've got to be kidding.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Shawn Hare
Re: FCP vs. Sony Vegas....you've got to be kidding.
on Nov 7, 2011 at 11:29:22 pm

Oops! I said FCX when I meant to say FCP.
It's just that the majority of the folks in this forum (or so it seems) are suggesting that FCP is presently the industry standard, so I've got to get in somewhere, and I can't afford the pro versions of either FC or Avid or anything else for that matter. I've been able to upgrade to Vegas Pro at a huge discount. But anyway, the New England Institute of Technology trains on FCP and Pro Tools, so I've little choice ... except not to attend, which might be what happens anyhow since I'm laid off and not poor enough to get grants, and currently can only get a small portion of the tuition paid with loans, which doesn't include fees, books, travel expenses, etc. Sorry for rambling. I'm 48 and trying to make a complete change in life career, and it's a strange place to be right now.

But quickly, and more on topic -- I'd read some stuff a while back that many people were sorely disappointed in the newest version of FCP, and were leaving for Avid. In fact, when I was getting a tour of NEIT, one of the instructors intimated his preference for Avid. Does that seem to be the trend, and do you think that Avid will become the industry standard?

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]