APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Audio Sync Issue FCP7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

David Mignano
Audio Sync Issue FCP7
on Nov 21, 2015 at 7:45:45 pm

Hello,

I'm in need of some help. I'm trying to help my wife put together a documentary for a class project. She's never done any film work before and while I have much more experience than her I would classify myself as a novice.

I'm trying to edit her work in FCP7. She shot her video on her Iphone and took a separate audio track on some sound equipment she rented. Everything she knows about audio equipment she learned in a 10 minute tutorial the guy at the store gave her.

I can't seem to get her audio track and her video to sync up in FCP7. It starts out fine, but over time the audio gets out of sync and with it being faster than the video.

My video is 1920x1080 24fps Apple ProRes 422.
My sequence settings are the same with my audio at 48kHz and 16 bit.

It was recorded as a .wav file, but 44.1/16. I used Itunes to convert it to 48 but even when I use that my sync gets farther and farther apart as the timeline plays out. It starts off fine, but by the end of my 5 minute video I'm several seconds off sync.

I've tried the same setting but at 29.97 fps as well...just to see. Predictably that didn't do anything.

I've tried wav and aiff files both at 48/16 but nothing seems to work. The audio recorded from her camera is in perfect sync.

Can anyone help me get this audio synced?

Thank you.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]