APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Convert MPEG-2 / MPEG-4 > ProRes 422 LT (FCP7)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Shane Ross
Re: Convert MPEG-2 / MPEG-4 > ProRes 422 LT (FCP7)
on Nov 11, 2015 at 6:31:56 pm

[Michael Brown] "MTS files successfully using AVCHD Converter or ClipWrap2 – is ClipWrap 2 just as efficient, stable, and faster?"

Faster, for sure. But not the most current. EditReady is most current...although it needs a more current OS, 10.9 at least. So if you are on an older OS, sticking to ClipWrap2 is good.

[Michael Brown] ".MOV Files (H.264) using Wondershare Video Converter (not Ultimate! because the Ultimate version 1.x… only suggests to convert to FCP7 as ProRes 422 (LT is not available), and the new 5.x versions don't work on Mountain Lion (I don't want to upgrade yet for various reasons)."

Why? Compressor has Presets for ProRes and works just fine. And you can enable QMaster to get all the processors working.

[Michael Brown] "Do you know of a software that will work on my machine and convert these files to ProRes 422LT? None of my other options accept the files (file alone or folders): Compressor, Streamclip, ClipWrap etc…"

EditReady will. What OS are you on?

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]