APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Can you please advise? - AAF exporting and importing using Automatic Duck (or anything that will work)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jimmy See
Re: Can you please advise? - AAF exporting and importing using Automatic Duck (or anything that will work)
on Aug 12, 2015 at 10:30:13 am

My only experience with attempting to do what Michelle wants to do in FCP is detailed in the original posting from a year ago and clearly it wasn't problem free, it also was not exactly the same circumstances either given I was importing an AAF I had produced using FCP in the first place for the sake of testing. That said, I identified the cause of the problem which would suggest to me (touch wood) that in those same circumstances again, if I followed my own procedures laid out above, I wouldn't encounter those same problems.

The automatic duck software, as I recall, about 5 years ago at least was very popular paid software, which though a far from foolproof metric, leads me to believe people must have used it in ways that were at least similar if not the same as what Michelle is aiming for.

I wonder then, what is that has you and Shane so skeptical of this process, is there something else we should know that makes the use of the automatic duck tools in conjunction with Final Cut Pro 7 for the purposes of AAF import and export functionality inherently unreliable or risky? Though in a year I've never had to do this since that one occasion nor had I needed to before my original post, I had rather hoped I could say I was prepared should I ever need to again next time being both in possession of the tools and now tbe procedures as well. What don't I know?

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]