APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Can you please advise? - AAF exporting and importing using Automatic Duck (or anything that will work)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jimmy See
Re: Can you please advise? - AAF exporting and importing using Automatic Duck (or anything that will work)
on Aug 8, 2015 at 7:47:16 am

Hi, yes, it is necessary to have the corresponding import tool from automatic duck as well as the export tool in order to import AAFs using FCP or to export them, as FCP did not have this functionality and worked instead with OMFs for the equivalent purpose.

These tools used to cost a bundle, but the developers gave them out for free as FCP became obsolete and they got jobs at adobe, I notice now that they have stopped hosting the files for download as it looks like they are reviving the automatic duck project to produce some new tools (not sure what they will do), so the software is no longer available. I still have my installer for the automatic duck 'pro import' which will allow FCP to import AAF's if you can provide me with an email address I should be able to send it to you. Unfortunately I don't know how you send messages to individual cow users, maybe reply with a temporary email address if you don't want your publicly known.

Anyway, ultimately, it's best if you can simply get your sound guys to export to a format that already works. Unfortunately I don't have time to research the matter because I'm late for work but perhaps Pro Tools offers OMF export? I think it mightn't but worth checking, or perhaps XML with an accompanying media folder.

Anyway's once I get to work I'll check here again and see if there's an address for me to send to so you have it, but I've had mixed results with this tool, I don't remember what was going wrong, but as you can see from my post a year ago, there' s a checkbox that seems to have unexpected effects upon the import that you should pay attention to too.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]