APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Aspect ratio different on computer compared to TV

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bobby Hall
Aspect ratio different on computer compared to TV
on Jan 7, 2015 at 6:02:26 am
Last Edited By Bobby Hall on Jan 7, 2015 at 6:04:10 am

Sorry, I know this question doesn't belong on this forum but I looked at all the other forums and I don't think it fits any of them either. Anyway, here goes...

I noticed that when I play DVDs on my MacBook Pro there's more image on the sides of the screen than when I play those DVDs on my 16x9 TV. I thought maybe it could be that the DVD was slightly zoomed in on my TV so I decided to do a test using a non-anamorphic DVD because I thought if there are black bars on all four sides then I'll know what the entire image is supposed to look like without fear that the TV screen was cutting off the sides. This is what I noticed:

When I play an old non-anamorphic DVD on my computer, showing black bars on all four sides, I still see more information on the left and right sides of the screen than when I play that same DVD on my TV. My TV also shows black bars on all four sides so I'm able to clearly compare the image on the TV to the image on the computer. I thought that my computer was somehow showing more information than it was supposed to or the TV wasn't showing as much as it was supposed to.

Does anyone have any idea why playing the disc on my computer shows more of the image on the sides? It's not that much more, just a little bit on the left and right sides. Thanks.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]