APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Timecode retention with 5D synched footage

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Shane Ross
Re: Timecode retention with 5D synched footage
on Nov 24, 2014 at 9:44:36 pm

[Aryn Leigh] "Of course, all is well till I realized that the TC is resetting to 00:00:00 for every new subclip. Bad for transcription."

If you need the original TC, then you need to change sequence to match the clip TC. And then make sure to place the footage on the timeline exacty where the clip timecode exists. Yes, this can mean long ass timelines. But if you want the subclip of a sequence to match the clip timecode, this is what you need to do.

[Aryn Leigh] "Can I export the timelines as a self-contained file and bring back into FCP?"

yes...FILE>EXPORT>QUICKTIME. Choose SELF CONTAINED, and USE SEQUENCE SETTINGS. As long as the sequence matches your clip settings.

[Aryn Leigh] " Will there be a generation loss? "

Nope...just copying the 1's and 0's...no loss. Unless you click RECOMPRESS in that export.

[Aryn Leigh] "Is there a better workflow that anyone can think of here?"

Yes...GROUP the clips...make GROUP clips. Don't do sequences. Find the matching start points for audio and video...mark IN points, GROUP the clips. Then the clip timecode stays the same.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]