APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Could someone please give me a detailed explanation on how to fix this problem

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Shane Ross
Re: Could someone please give me a detailed explanation on how to fix this problem
on Nov 9, 2014 at 11:04:26 pm

Well, that would require a more detailed question...laying out of the issues. In looking at that, I can guess that your footage is HD...1920x1080. And your sequence settings are not...they are most likely DV...720x480. Thus why your full 16x9 footage is cropped 4:3, and requires rendering instantly.

Your footage should never require rendering in the timeline. If they do...something is wrong. The first clip you add to a blank timeline, FCP asks "Do you want the sequence to match the clip?" Click YES. If you don't, then your footage will be in whatever your EASY SETUP is set to...and you'll have to render. Not good. If you do it right, click YES, no rendering will be required, not for basic editing.

Also...what are your CLIP settings? What codec is the footage you are working with? And what are the Sequence settings?

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]