APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: keeping QuickTime Pro in Final Cut 7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Shane Ross
Re: keeping QuickTime Pro in Final Cut 7
on Oct 21, 2014 at 3:49:36 pm

[Mike Johnson] "But for now, they still sell it, so that has to mean something, right?"

I was unaware they were still selling it. If you own a license...one purchased separate from FCP, then it should work. BUT, if your license only came with FCP 7, then it only works with FCP 7 installed.

[Mike Johnson] "- If I install FCP7 to access QT7, can I immediately run FCP Remover and still keep QT7?"

QT7...yes. That doesn't get installed with FCP 7. That's a separate install. The unlock key is part of FCP 7. But will that get removed too when you use FCS Remover? I have no idea...as I haven't done it. I don't know if people who have removed FCP 7 that way still have QT7 Pro. I would think the license gets yanked too, as all the small pref files are removed as well. But that's only a guess.

[Mike Johnson] "- Given all the warnings to not have FCP7 and FCX installed on the same machine, is it safe to install FCP7 and then immediately delete it without opening?"

There are warnings not to have this? I know people who have both...they just need to do tricks to get them to both install on the same system.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]