APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: We're in the middle of filming documentary, have a big sync problem

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Shane Ross
Re: We're in the middle of filming documentary, have a big sync problem
on Jul 18, 2014 at 4:46:39 pm

[Seth Thy] " We cannot use clapper or even clapping with hands or announcing the shots because it's to distracting to people we are filming. "

Sorry...there's no substitute for slating, or at least clapping. This is video production...they'll have to get used to the distraction. IF you want to do things right. It's a simple hand clap...will that distract so much that they can't do the interview?

[Seth Thy] "Sync'N'Link for FCP7. "

If PluralEyes didn't work, not sure this will either. But you can try...they have a trial version.

[Seth Thy] "Or maybe some other advice? I still need to sync that first day with over 200 shots i have to sync "by ear". "

Going to have to do this by eye and ear...look for times they say P or B or T sounds...the mouth opens just as that sound comes out. or other impacts, like hands hitting mics, door slams...stuff like that.

And slate. it's not that distracting. I've been doing this for over 20 years...ALL SORTS of documentary and reality production. If you can't jam sync with your cameras, then you need to slate. People get over the clap or slate pretty soon. Get used to it in fact.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]