APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Problems Reconnecting Media

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Yasmin Mistry
Re: Problems Reconnecting Media
on Jun 16, 2014 at 8:45:12 pm

Thanks for the info. I do still have the original drive that I can clone on to the faster drive instead. The project has expanded significantly and it's at a point where the edit has to be restructured anyway so my thought was that it would be better to fix the mess on the drive now as opposed to having more problems at a much later date since this is an indie film and could be years in the making.

The assistant editor had the scratch disk set to her internal drive on her computer so all the render files are showing up missing when I plug in that drive. I presume that once I clone the material onto the faster drive if I skip the render files directories and re-render the various timelines (with the scratch disk set to the external drive) that will resolve that issue. However, it's also trying to link to files in her computer's trash bin, which I'm not sure how to resolve since I don't see them in any of the bins to being with. They aren't needed so I could just "kip directory every time it opens but I'd really like to get this all resolved and cleaned up before moving forward.

Out of curiosity, is Premiere better with file management? I'm curious it exporting an EDL into Premiere and then trying to re-link everything there would work ( or cause even more problems since I'd be bringing in an additional factor).

Thanks for the help!

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]