APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Problems Reconnecting Media

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Yasmin Mistry
Problems Reconnecting Media
on Jun 16, 2014 at 1:09:49 am

I've inherited a hard drive that is a bit of mess. I've copied all the files to a much faster hard drive and re-organized the file structure. The issue I am now having is that when I re-connect the footage in the bins the media in the timeline only reconnects to the original clip. All the subclips reconnect in the bins but not in the timeline. The clips in the timeline seem to be independent of the ones in the bins.

I talked to the assistant editor who logged all the footage and created the original assembly. She said a couple of the interviews she originally logged were XDCAM so she ended up transcoding them and reconnecting them later. She did this by reconnecting the media in the timeline as opposed to the bins. I thought this may be the cause of my problems but I'm not sure if that's true or how to fix it, other than starting from scratch.

The other issue I am having is that after I reconnect and save the file if I then open the external hard drive on another machine it all goes missing again as the computer tries to access the interview footage from the OLD drive, instead of the one I reconnected it to.

I'm primarily an After Effects user and usually only do basic edits in Final Cut so I'm hoping I'm just missing something really basic.

Thanks so much for any help you can provide. Much appreciated!

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]