APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

AAF exporting and importing using Automatic Duck (or anything that will work)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jimmy See
AAF exporting and importing using Automatic Duck (or anything that will work)
on Apr 24, 2014 at 8:17:11 am

I've been attempting recently to send edits to sound for mixing.

It's not something I've had to do often and the last times I have, I believe the sound department used Pro tools. In my first experience with it, we exported from FCP 7 to the sound department using Final Cut's in-built OMF export features and it was problem free. In the next environment where I had anything to do with this we exported from Avid in AAF format to a sound guy who I can only assume used ProTools though I can't confirm. Again, this was problem free.

However, our new guy uses Apple Logic. We've tried unsuccessfully to deliver him OMF's before using FCP7's in-built OMF export functionality but he just can't seem to get those files to import in to Logic. It occurred to me I might have more luck with AAF's and so today I downloaded automatic duck pro export and pro import (free now BTW awesome) plugins. I succesfully exported an AAF and attempted to test it in FCP 7 to see something like what our sound guy's going to see in Logic. It imported, seemingly without incident and created a bin called my sequence name and 'clips' and also a sequence. Unfortunately, all the media in both bin and the sequence is offline and when attempting to reconnect it says there is no specified path.

I exported the AAF to be completely self contained and set it to export everything with the entire source clip and to embed the audio media in to the AAF file. The AAF comes to 1.26GBs so something's definitely there, yet it's not connected when imported to FCP 7. The same AAF doesn't open in soundtrack pro or Adobe Audition and also causes Premiere Pro 5.5 to crash on import. I don't have high hopes for his system given the track record for this AAF so far. What's going on?

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]