APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Trying to remove object from image in FCP7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Roger Poole
Re: Trying to remove object from image in FCP7
on Apr 21, 2014 at 11:39:12 pm

Hi Neil, I've looked on Youtube to try to find something to illustrate what I mean. There is similar stuff on there but they use a frame grab which is cropped with a garbage matte, which is fine where the camera is static but not on pans. The way I suggested is sort of like cloning in Photoshop but doing it with video in a different way by having the same clip layered over clip A. Move clip B under the playhead until you get a clear frame of the object which is blocked in clip A, say for instance the tree trunk which you will be introducing the offending triangle to as you pan. If you position clip B so that when both clips are playing, clip B is showing a clean tree trunk, crop it roughly then position it so that it is in the correct place over clip A. When everything is lined up correctly you can refine the crop and render. When playing out things should look pretty good as the cropped clip B will pan just like clip A but several frames apart.

Here's a YouTube video showing something similar but in this case he is using a freeze frame rather than video, but the idea is the same. Like I said, this is very difficult for me to explain but it does work.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]