APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Trying to remove object from image in FCP7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mark Suszko
Re: Trying to remove object from image in FCP7
on Apr 21, 2014 at 4:38:31 pm

First I'd try to fix this right within FCP. If that intrusion is always exactly the same in all the shots, I think the first thing I would try is to duplicate the video track, stack it above the main track, offset it to the left by about 7-10 pixels, and mask the triangle. One way to do that is, I'd use the 4-point masking tool to mask off just the corner an eliminate the rest of the frame. Playing with the feathering and width settings on the mask and the opacity and compositing mode of the top layer, and maybe applying a bit of blur, maybe flopping the pixels in the horizontal plane, I've now made a "bandage" of the nearest, similar, "good" pixels over the triangle of plastic. If the framing and the lighting don't change too radically, this might be enough to get away with. My best idea I think is to make the replacement layer a "mirror image" of the specific region of the source layer, so the reflection of the good pixels extends over the triangle, out and up, into the corner.

In AE, which I'm just a beginner at using, I might try creating a new solid that is the same shape as the triangle, and pasting the original layer onto the triangle, with a few pixels of offset in the horizontal, then adjusting opacity to blend this mini-solid over the original. Youtube tutorials on the wire removal tool are a click away, but it may not cover enough are to fix this triangle all by itself. Using the roto brush basically isolates the corner, so you can mess with color correction or other filters, limited to only that immediate area.

The hard way would be to export a strip of frames in an image sequence, into photoshop, and get in there with a lot of patience and a good wacom tablet, and paint-in the good pixels, using a clone brush or healing tool, frame-by-frame. Recommended only for very short shots of a few seconds, of course, and depending on your skill, the repair may call more attention to itself than leaving the flaw in the shot.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]