APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Length of clip changes

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bobby Hall
Re: Length of clip changes
on Apr 19, 2014 at 12:35:20 am
Last Edited By Bobby Hall on Apr 19, 2014 at 12:52:49 am

I'm using two types of footage in a split-screen. One of them is .mov files, 1920x1080, Apple ProRes 422, and 29.97 fps.

The other is the same as the first except the dimensions are 536x536, and these are the files I'm having an issue with.

My timeline settings are 1920x1080 HDTV 1080i (16:9), pixel aspect ratio: square, field dominance: Upper (Odd), editing timebase, 29.97, Compressor: Apple ProRes 422, audio rate: 48 KHz, 16-bit, Channel Grouped.

It does seem like when the clip is dragged onto the timeline it's slightly slower than it's supposed to be. I loaded a clip from the browser into the viewer and clicked on a frame early on in the clip, and then I compared it by dragging the clip onto the timeline and when I load it from the timeline into the viewer, I noticed that the frame I looked at before happens a little later on. So it seems as if putting a clip on the timeline slows it down and I have no idea why.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]