APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Final Cut Pro 7 freezing during editing process

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Tony Phillips
Final Cut Pro 7 freezing during editing process
on Apr 17, 2014 at 8:59:19 pm

Hey there,

I have recently started having issues with Final Cut Pro 7, which I have been using for years. Lately, it has started freezing up on me during the editing phase. It will hang up for several seconds with the spinning color wheel of doom, then skip ahead a bit and start playing again, sometimes with no audio. If I run it back, the audio will return, but it may or may not freeze up again in the same spots. The spots where it freezes will change when I restart my iMac.

Sometimes it works fine, other times it freezes repeatedly. I have not changed any settings or added any updates recently, and I have almost a terabyte of free space on my internal HD. It is a large project, but I've been doing large projects just like this one for over four years now, and I've never had this issue before.

I tried exporting the file to Quicktime, and I've noticed that the video pixelates every few seconds, at no particular interval and for no apparent reason, but otherwise plays fine. I'm not the most computer savvy person, so I'm wondering what I need to do next?

Thanks,
Tony

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]