APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Why is FCP7 Log/Transfer cropping video?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

John Pale
Re: Why is FCP7 Log/Transfer cropping video?
on Apr 6, 2014 at 1:04:16 am

"a-ha! This article says, "Note: Final Cut Pro always displays video in the Production aperture display mode. The default setting for QuickTime movies exported from Final Cut Pro is also the Production aperture display mode."
Strange that it sets Conform:Production (maintains the full-frame/image) view in FCP and in FCP exports, but the Capture Scratch's .MOV files from Log/Transfer are Conform:Clean (NOT full-frame/image)."

How are you determining the aperture settings of movies in the Capture Scratch folder? Are you viewing in QuickTime Player 7 or in QuickTime Player X? QuickTime Player X always displays as Clean. It ignores the Production setting. Only QuickTime Player 7 will display it using the Production setting.

"There isn't a player I use for QT. The player I use is QT."

QuickTime is a part of the operating system. To view QuickTime movies, you are using a player. You can use QuickTime player 7 (pro), QuickTime Player X probably your system default, when you double click a movie.
There are also third party players.

"[John Pale] "QuickTime Player X has much diminished functionality than QuickTime 7, so much so that Apple continued to recommend installing QT7 to all FCP users."

B-b-but, why? Why would later version be so less functional than earlier version?"

I think that's a good question for Tim Cook. A very good question. I assume many asked the same question when FCPX was first released.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]