APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Why is FCP7 Log/Transfer cropping video?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Ted Coakley
Re: Why is FCP7 Log/Transfer cropping video?
on Apr 5, 2014 at 5:51:38 pm

Is your post about QTPro aperture setting in this thread (I don't remember it)?

***Check out John Pale's post in this thread about Conform:Production (http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/8/1182746). It doesn't totally solve the problem, but shows that the .MOV file DOES contain the full frame image - it just ain't showing it in various viewers/editors - and maybe would help lead people more savvy than me to a full-solution! Then, my post replying to his has relevant/pursuant thoughts/Qs.

[John Pale] "Weird that Apple buries that setting and doesn't offer it at all in Quicktime X."

I disagree with that. Frustrating and nonsensical, yes, but weird (if you mean unusual or uncommon) I'd say no way. If I had the time or emotional fortitude to address every frustrating and seemingly nonsensical/dumbshit thing Apple (or Microsoft or Adobe or Dell or pick-any-phone/cable/internet/telecom company, IRS, ETC ETC) did, it would be a full time job for me and a staff of 20 me's. I swear, with all the obstructing or distracting issues I run into (like this weird cropping thing), I feel like a world-class sprinter who rarely has the time to train/compete because I'm always so busy weaving the fibers to repair breaking shoelaces and harvesting the rubber and fashioning it into better fitting soles for my shoes. I wonder if all other editors and computer users are equally frustrated, or just much better shoelace-fiber-weavers and shoe-sole-rubber-harvesters/fashioners than I am! :-ppp

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]