APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Why is FCP7 Log/Transfer cropping video?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Ted Coakley
Re: Why is FCP7 Log/Transfer cropping video?
on Apr 5, 2014 at 5:40:35 pm

Some "wow"s, "huh"s and Qs to reply to this:

a) YES, I DO have QT7 in my Utilities - thanks for pointing it out!

b) I have QTPlayer7, NOT QT7 PRO.

c) Despite being QTPlayer7, not Pro, I still can access the Movie Properties > Presentation > Conform: Production setting you mention. So, is getting QT7Pro necessary for some reason?

d) Why does QTPlayer7 have functionality that later generation QT10 Player does not (i.e Open Image Sequence (That I've been searching for and wondering where it went for last few weeks!) and Show Movie Properties)?! Anybody have any thoughts/advice on whether to use QTPlayer10 vs QTPlayer7, vs either version of Pro? Seems rather convoluted/nonsensical at this point (considering 7 has functionality 10 does not).

e) *** YES - setting Conform to Production returned the full frame image - In QTPlayer7, that is. I saved the file w/the Conform:Production setting, then opened again in various viewers (i.e. QTPlayer10, FCP7, Finder's Quick Look), and it only shows the full frame in QTPlayer7.

f) SO, I guess FCP7 Log/Transfer did NOT crop the image, but rather leave a marker in the .MOV file it made to tell viewers (i.e. QTPlayer10, FCP7, Finder's Quick Look) to NOT show the full image?

g) Is there a way to get FCP7 and other viewers/editors to utilize the whole image that actually is there in the .MOV file, just like your Conform:Production technique did?

h) I don't have Mavericks, I have 10.7.5 on my 2011 MacBook Pro. Afraid to upgrade, as I loathe the dozens (scores? hundreds?) of hours of time/troubleshooting/backingup/restoring/verifying-files-exist that always follow reinstalling or OS upgrades. Stomach turns at the thought of it.

WOW, interesting/frustrating.

THANKS!

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]