APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Why is FCP7 Log/Transfer cropping video?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Ted Coakley
Why is FCP7 Log/Transfer cropping video?
on Apr 4, 2014 at 7:58:01 am

I.
Can anyone tell me why my FCP7 is cropping my HVX200 video upon import (Log/Transfer) - and better yet, how to stop it? The crop is very minimal, but noticeable, both vertically and horizontally.

MY SOURCE FOOTAGE (according to P2ViewerPlus and/or how I remember shooting):
Video Codec: DV100_720/23.98 (DV100 same as DVCPro HD, right?)
Frame Rate: 23.98p (I had set camera to shoot 720pN24)

MY LOG/TRANSFER SETTINGS/WORKFLOW:
1. copy (and backup!) P2 folders/files to computer
2. FCP7 > Log/Transfer > Add Volume > Navigate to and Select copy of P2 card (which properly populates the Log/Transfer Browser)
3. Set Log/Transfer's Import Preferences (leave "Remove Advanced...." checked; Nothing else applies here to do, as DV100/DVCProHD doesn't appear as a Source Format)
4. Complete Logging fields (i.e. Reel, Clip Name, etc).
5. Click "Add Clip to Queue"

RESULT (and the PROBLEM!): a new .mov file (960x720, says Get Info in the Finder) that shows less of the image around the edges (in FCP7, in Finder's "QuickLook" and in QuickTime Player) than what I can see of the camera original in P2ViewerPlus!

I've been researching forums a lot, reading previous Posts, viewing videos - I can't find anything on this. Anybody have anything to offer on this?

MY SYSTEM (if it matters):
MacBook Pro, OS10.7.5, FCP7.0.3, 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7, 8GB memory

----------

II.
In addition to figuring this out, I'd like to figure out why my Sequences' Canvases aren't equally populated/filled-in, despite the Sequences a) having all the exact same Settings and b) having copies of exact same Timelines/Edits made up of Clips (which populate the Viewer equally/properly) referencing same Media Files!

THANKS!

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]