APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Still can't export using compressor. DESPERATE

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Glenn Payne
Re: Still can't export using compressor. DESPERATE
on Mar 29, 2014 at 4:53:04 am

I media managed the clips in the sequence. Which then automatically placed them all into a new folder. I sent batches of those clips (straight from the new folder on my external hard drive) into compressor until they were all new prores files (stored in yet another new folder).

I believe you had mentioned that "You could use the RECOMPRESS option, but that is not wise if the files are differing frame rates...RECOMPRESS doesn't do the frame rate conversion well." Since I had a small number of clips that were a different frame rate I didn't use the RECOMPRESS option.

BUT if I need to delete the folder of new prores clips and just use the RECOMPRESS option in order to not have to re-edit the clips then I can definitely do that. Whatever it takes to get the job done. I assume that either way I'll have to additionally recompress those small number of clips that have different frame rates (they are animation shots).

Terribly sorry if that is worded in a way that makes no sense at all. Please feel free to ask for clarification if needed.
And THANK YOU again!

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]