APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

XDCAM clips appear as solid green in Final Cut??

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jason O'Hara
XDCAM clips appear as solid green in Final Cut??
on Nov 27, 2013 at 8:58:29 pm

I have 2 systems both running Final Cut 7.0.3 and XDCAM Transfer.

I have been using both systems to import and edit XDCAM footage from an EX1 for years without issue and suddenly both systems have begun acting up simultaneously?

I have recently installed Perian and performed software updates so am worried this is the cause of the problems?

The problems are as follows:

-on 1 of the 2 systems, XDCAM Transfer cannot read the BPAV folder as video clips, it plays back just the audio and the image is completely black. Fortunately, on the other system, XDCAM transfer appears to work normally and I can create Quicktime wrapped XDCAM files from my BPAV folder

however...
-neither of the 2 systems can read these newly created XDCAM (.mov) files in Final Cut. The .movs open and playback fine in Quicktime player. however within final cut, all of the files appear as a solid green screen??

I know its not a corrupt recording, because final cut and XDCAM Transfer are now behaving the same with old BPAV folders which I never had any issue with.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]