APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Red Giant Primatte Keyer Pro

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Tony Pfau
Re: Red Giant Primatte Keyer Pro
on Sep 25, 2013 at 3:40:19 am

I was beginning to think it was only me that couldn't get the expensive keyer to work. Exactly the nightmare I've been battling for 4 days. Finally down to rendering out a 4444 w alpha and trying to animate, rotobrush tracke matte etc etc on the aberrations. I have yet to be able to pull a clean render with primatte keyer on any system. The plugin hasn't been updated since last June 12 & only for cs6 install.

I have tried most everything, using rd3, different settings, 4444' uncompressed, nothing but disappointment every time. I'm going to work on painting or masking the blotches which appear sometime to be like a chunk of the matte just moved on the x axis, other times, it bites right into the matte. I haven't had any luck with my former i7 2.2 with 6750m or my retina 2.8 w 650m both cards with 1gb, ridiculous long render time & for something that won't work.

It artifacts on small parts, big parts of an image cut to key, but mainly around areas of fine detail. for now it's a hi-con cleanup or animating masks.

Thing is primatte is the only thing I've found to deal with frizzy green soaked hair, but it can't get a clean render.

I realize this post is a year old, but appears to be about the only one dealing with this issue. It is definitely a plug-in issue. Will post back if I discover anything that works.

Tony Pfau
Editor / Director-Producer
http://avpfilms.net

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]