APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: 720P50 ProRes to SD-DVD

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Niklas Wikman
Re: 720P50 ProRes to SD-DVD
on Sep 10, 2013 at 6:57:06 am

Shane,

As always you are the man with the answers. You, da man!

Now, can it really really be that simple? :-) (I'm used to a lot of fiddling and time-consuming transcoding whenever you are to output anything but a self-contained ref movie).

from having used DVDSP for quite some years now, I really think using the built-in encoder is really not an option (other for a very quick-and-dirty DVD).

I have always used the BitVice encoder to encode my SD footage to MPEG-2. I figure perhaps I can give that a try. Not really that familiar with Compressor (I use it to encode to AC-3) but sure I will give it a try.
Should I perhaps check optional settings when encoding? Since the material will have a running time of 180 mins, bitrate (file size) is important here. The duration varies from 6 to 25 minutes.

The last option would be to try the Episode software, which I use whenever I'm going to web from FCP.

Since the footage is progressive, do I have to worry about field order? My guts says no, but somewhere I have read that ProRes is actually upper field (and DV is always lower, we shot DV50 up until now).

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]