APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: using a line cut

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mark Suszko
Re: using a line cut
on Aug 22, 2013 at 2:05:45 am

Right now, your editing method is to brute-force the cuts by watching each transition in the master cut and copying that in the secondary timeline from the isos. Gets the job done, but is oh-so-tedious. There should be a way to automate some of that...

What would be handy in a situation like this is addressable metadata, recorded when the Line Cut was made, that would directly reference each of the isos, and be machine-readble by the NLE.

I'm trying to imagine how to do that with time code alone, and I can't because optimally, the time code from each source would be identical. If the time codes have metadata like a GPS coordinate , user bits, or some other identifier, then you'd have a way to know on the electronic level, which iso was live in the line cut at any one moment, and you'd have a generated EDL to use as a template. Maybe if each iso used a spare audio track to carry an identifying tone, those tones could be mapped to a controller, like MIDI... I'm just thinking out loud here...

I don't know that there's a function in modern switchers to record an EDL of a live-switch, (my switcher is about 15 years old) but it seems to me this would be a handy function for speeding post work in many multicam projects like reality shows, and especially sports and drama.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]