APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Having to render after importing from Compressor4

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Spencer Averick
Re: Having to render after importing from Compressor4
on Apr 3, 2013 at 6:09:10 pm

It's just the one extra "layer". You can't ever see it because it's invisible, you can only see it in action. If I have a ProRes HQ sequence in FCP of a guy being interviewed, and a graphics guy creates an animated lower third that flys in, he will create a ProRes 4444+ file that I can just add right on top of the video.You can use it for graphics like that or just for very high end data rate video delivery.

It's a hi data rate video that has the option to add an alpha channel if need be. The alpha is the (+).

But like Shane says, if you're editing a RED show you don't want to edit in 4444 (especially with your laptop).
If you're going to the big screen, compress the R3D files to ProRes Proxy or LT for editing, then a colorist will link back to the original RED files before coloring and delivering.
If you're editing a RED show for TV or Web or something, you can probably compress, edit, color, and deliver all in ProRes HQ.
As far as the green render bar, I'm not exactly sure why but you're right it's always like that no matter what in FCP with PR444. Always have a green render, probably because it's just a massive file.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]