APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Making the switch to Avid Media Composer or Adobe Premiere Pro?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Brian Cooney
Re: Making the switch to Avid Media Composer or Adobe Premiere Pro?
on Dec 18, 2012 at 9:32:40 pm

I have been using FCP for 12 years now. I recently have made the switch to Premiere Pro. Although I like the features the mimic FCP, I'm still kicking and screaming a bit. I use AE so the switch seemed logical. I've always wondered about Avid because many folks in broadcast are still using it as staple. I've lost a gig or 2 because I wasn't versed in Avid. But I do mostly web work for corporations and advertising and some local TV as well. I'm hopeful about Premiere Pro. But being an apple snob, I totally transitioned kicking and screaming. But I have been happy with the commentary by Adobe folks who are chiming in to the posts. It feels good to know they want the business and are looking out for the professional user. I'm wondering now where to go from here? Do I need to go even further into a Windows 8 system with Adobe or hope that Apple will continue to upgrade the Mac Pro. Any thoughts on this? I can purchase a 16 core PC tower with 64GB of RAM for a fraction of the cost... but I'm also using Thunderbolt via a LaCie hub to eSata on my mac.. What are you all thinking about hardware in the future?

MotionFoundry, Inc. Video Post
Clients: GM, AOL, Kohl's, 3 Doors Down, IKEA, Kelloggs, Toyota, Thomas Nelson, NASCAR Affiliates

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]