APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Whats the diffs between FIELD DOMINANCE & FIELD PRIORITY ?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Neil Patience
Re: Whats the diffs between FIELD DOMINANCE & FIELD PRIORITY ?
on Mar 26, 2012 at 11:24:39 am

I am not too sure if technically there is a differnece in the way the terms are used generally however I think I saw a post where Dave LaRonde used them as slightly different terms. (but cant find it just now to reference)

They both seem to be used in terms of describing field order in an interlaced image.

I have worked in broadcast tv for over 20 years in the UK and have never heard the term field priority used except seeing it here a few times. It may of course be a UK/US language thing.
Indeed I just "Googled" field priority and the first page of results are not TV related at all.
The first thing to appear using the term in Google is on page two, a COW question on field issues then another couple of pages of non tv related entries. I did not look much past that. So maybe its a term that was coined here ?

Obviously if you "Google" field dominance then you immediatly get pages of tv related content.

Which is a pretty long winded way of posting "I dont quite know" however it seems that field priority is not a widely used term - at least not indicated by a simple Google search.

Perhaps others know different.

best wishes
Neil
http://www.patience.tv

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]