APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: My Life in FCP

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

David Lawrence
Re: My Life in FCP
on Jul 16, 2011 at 1:02:58 am

[Jeremy Garchow] "For me, I find FCPx's organization (keywords et al) to be what I always wanted it to be but I guess I'm weird."

I don't think you're weird at all! All those new organizational features - keywords, metadata, etc. are awesome. I love what they offer and have also wanted them for a long time.

Same with smarter object behavior. One thing that's always annoyed me about FCP is how dumb it is about object groups. For example, you can select a group of clips and unlink the audio, but if you make the same selection and want to relink the audio you're out of luck. You have to relink each clip individually. Dumb!

FCPX has tons of awesome that I really like. What I'm skeptical of is the new interaction model. Apple threw away some very efficient, time-tested tools for their new timeline model. And since this is where I do all my work, it really concerns me. I think they could have given us all the awesome without reinventing the wheel. And I'm still waiting for demonstrated proof that the new wheel is more efficient!

publicmattersgroup.com
facebook.com/dlawrence
twitter.com/dhl

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]