APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Authoring Blu-Ray out of Final Cut Studio.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mikey Bouchereau
Re: Authoring Blu-Ray out of Final Cut Studio.
on Jun 12, 2011 at 1:57:03 pm

The Share command in Final cut by default if only a DVD Burning is present it wants to make an AVCHD disc - HD quality on a Standard DVD, Plays only in a Bluray player. You can fit about 20 min of HD content on an AVCHD disc you also cap out at 15Mbps as your video Data rate where as with Bluray you can go to 45Mbps.

Now if you use Share and you choose Hard Drive (Disk Image) or if you have a bluray drive connected to your computer and choose that drive, you can produce an actual Bluray disc, I do this all the time. Take it the Menus are very simple but for screener discs this is very useful feature.

The other method you can do is export out a full quality QuickTime video of your movie. Then if you have Toast with the BD plugin you can choose Movie Disc, Then choose Bluray and it will encode your video into either MPEG2 or H.264 which are both supported codecs on Bluray (you need to customize the encoding settings to choose, by default it chooses the mpeg2 encoder settings)

Hopefully this info helps.

Mikey B!

Follow Me On Twitter!

Check Out My Sky Replace Tutorial

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]