APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: fcp 8 - when can we expect it to be released?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Joe Severino
Re: fcp 8 - when can we expect it to be released?
on Dec 17, 2010 at 7:50:57 pm

I think that FCS 3 (are we only on FCS 2 or are we on FCS 3 in which case it would be FCS4.... any who) I feel like its going to be a lot like the release of OS 10.6 The GUI stays relatively unchanged but what does change is under the hood (so to speak) I am thinking it will be powered by a fully flushed out version of QT X with at least the native support that FCP 7 offers now (with probable native support for DSLR and other tapeless codecs) Hyper threading and full scaleable Multi-core support (like some adobe products like AE, doesn't matter what you have AE will find a way to use it all) True 64-bit processing. I think motion is going to get some upgrades. I really hope that apple uses this release to take motion to the next level. I am hoping to see motion replace shake since apple discontinued shake and has yet to provide a decent substitute for it. I also would like to see, much better round tripping support from FCP to Logic. Having said all that, I don't see much in the way of GUI based changes. I swear if they make it look like iMovie.... well I wont say because then it would be pre meditated. :)

Mac Pro 3.2 GHz Dual Quad Core
14GB RAM
NVIDIA 8800 GT
Blackmagic Intensity Pro
OS X 10.6.3 (Clean Instal)
Final Cut Studio 3 (Clean Instal)
Logic Studio (Clean Instal)

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]