APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Interesting audio mixing/render anomaly

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Interesting audio mixing/render anomaly
on Nov 4, 2010 at 5:29:49 pm

[Ty Ford] "It never would have occurred to me that a gotcha, er, CONTROL would be placed there. "

If you would ever have to layoff a 5.1 and Stereo mix on one tape, you'd know exactly where they are ;)

I'm not questioning your experience or expertise. I am just pointing out what FCP can and can't do.

Things operate differently on different systems. I agree that Soundtrack Pro is not that Pro, but whatever. It's not going to be and never will be a stand alone DAW.

I do think, though, that you know you aren't really recording a stereo file so it's hard to truly and accurately judge what's going on.

To bring it in to video terms, there's movies that were shot stereoscopic, and then there's movies that were created to be 3D by a "mono" image. You can tell which is really stereo and which one is two halves of the same hole. Just sayin'.

You can also set downmix levels in those same sequence settings we are talking about.

Jeremy

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]