APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Interesting audio mixing/render anomaly

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Ty Ford
Re: Interesting audio mixing/render anomaly
on Nov 4, 2010 at 5:19:45 pm

Jeremy,

Thanks for your interest and insight. I've been working in pro audio since 1969, went digital in 1990 with my first DAW and have enough experience to know when something's right or not. The anomaly is what it is. Apple (and I've been a proud Apple owner since 1986) has allowed me to make a living for myself and I appreciate the heck out of them for that. However, their SoundTrack Pro, for example, works and feels like an audio program designed by IT people who have little or no experience with pro audio.

Apple may choose to disregard simple audio conventions, like where or how they choose to route audio in an internal bussing system, or (one of my favorites) disregard compression ratios and metering for gain reduction in their compressors (audio not data), but in doing so they alienate the rather large constituency of pro audio folks who are left trying to figure out, "Why the heck did they do that? I guess they don't know how pro audio works."

I do appreciate your heads up on the sequence settings, but that's another case of WTHDTDT? It never would have occurred to me that a gotcha, er, CONTROL would be placed there.

Fortunately, there are enough question marks popping up about the video features to let me know it's not just an audio thing.

Best regards,

Ty Ford

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]