APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Buses/submixes in FCP7?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Roger Matthews
Re: Buses/submixes in FCP7?
on Jul 15, 2010 at 5:30:55 pm

"Hopefully the level of integration between the apps will continue to improve...I like the studio approach, and don't want a bloated editing app that tries to do everything. "

Agreed - the integration is impressive, and if it gets even better, that would be fantastic. To be clear, Color seems amazing, and I expected to use STP for my final mix. (I try to have a dedicated computer/setup for mixing alone when possible)

I'm just used to, even in quick dirty mixes, to throw in a bus with a Compressor, Limiter, or Reverb plugin, etc. Then throw in the fancy EQ'ing, sound restoration, etc etc for the final mix. Maybe this is something that integration will make even easier in the future.

But I can't stop myself from chiming in with a little Vegas fanboysim on the 'not wanting a bloated app' comment. On one level - absolutely. On the other, Vegas proves you can do advanced audio functionality and still be one lean piece of software. (I can run, in realtime, dozens of tracks of audio in Vegas with multiple submixes on my old Pentium 4 2ghz with 512MB of RAM! Vegas is, in my experience, one of the most lean and stable apps I've ever used)

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]