APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X Creative Community Conversations FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: What rates should I charge for iphone editing?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Erik Lindahl
Re: What rates should I charge for iphone editing?
on Jun 9, 2010 at 2:40:11 pm

That doesn't quite add up. Just cause you can do something on machine A doesn't mean it's the best machine for the jobb. MacPro's are "over the top" for a lot of situations where an iMac is too limited often (and some of Apple's hardware choices are just.. meh). An iPhone is awesome for somethings but when talking about editing video..

Apple's computers are based on "standard PC components" and thus should be able to keep up with the wintel side. They sort of do but some hardware choices are just plain odd. And if I'm aready today feeling my 8-core MacPro is slow I don't think things would get better on an iMac (or iPhone :-)).

Apple imo needs a "Mac". An iMac with out the screen and not all the bells and whistles of a MacPro but that has moderate upgradeability. Just look at your irritation of the choice of ethernet hardware. And I don't see an iPad replacing your iMac any time soon given in the future for some tasks yes, we'll probably see more a diverse range of devices.

------------------------
Erik Lindahl
Freecloud Post Production Services
http://www.freecloud.se

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]