APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Drobo pro connected via iSCSI

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Rob Grauert
Re: Drobo pro connected via iSCSI
on Mar 12, 2010 at 1:51:14 pm

Mark,

For Dashboard we are on 1.6.8 (we updated the other day because we were having problems again) and for our Drobo Pros we are on 1.1.5

I appreciate your offer to help, but my boss has already decided a few days ago that he's going to look for a new solution. We've contacted tech support many times for many different problems (connecting via iSCSI has been the least of our problems), but the Drobos never seems to work any better.

What difference is it going to make if our case is reopened? What will tech support tell us that they haven't told us already? We've been through all the troubleshooting that is listed in the manual, which always seems to be what your Tier 1 tech support wants to do. We've given many diagnostic reports to your Tier 2 tech support guys. I think I've even been in contact with someone who said he was on Tier 3.

We're not mishandling our Drobos. We know to shut them down with Drobo Dashboard or by shutting down the computer.

On paper the Drobo sounds like a great solution, and I wish it worked, but in the real world it just doesn't.

I'm not just trying to be a jerk by bashing on the Drobo Pro. Like I said, I appreciate your offer to help. I just don't see how reopening our case will suddenly help us.

Thanks anyway though, Mark.

Robert J. Grauert, Jr.
http://www.robgrauert.com
command-r.tumblr.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]