APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: MXF4mac/P2 flow experiences

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Shane Ross
Re: MXF4mac/P2 flow experiences
on Feb 18, 2010 at 6:28:41 am

All I can really say is, I wish I could use it MORE. I beta tested it...and then used it to import footage for a small project, single station so all native MXF import. Great to a) be able to edit the metadata of the footage, add stuff, change things and b) import ALL OF THE METADATA to FCP. As Log and Transfer ignores 95% of the metadata.

Then there was this one show that we needed the footage to be shared by 4 machines. So I didn't do native, as we'd need all the machines to have it. Instead, I did all the modifying, if needed, then exported a batch list that I imported into FCP that contained ALL the metadata...and then batch captured (imported) the footage as QT, so that all the machines could access the files.

This, IMHO, is the best software for working with P2 in FCP ever invented. Raylight is nice and quick, but the metadata is all in the screen shot that is frame 2. And Calibrated is cool, but doesn't allow for editing of metadata, adding of metadata...or the really slick import options that P2 Flow has.

I am REALLY jonzing to do another P2 show so I can utilize it again.

How's that?

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]