APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

OMF not exporting properly in 7.0.1

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bryan Roberts
OMF not exporting properly in 7.0.1
on Dec 22, 2009 at 9:10:51 pm

So I'm having a weird FCP issue. I'm exporting OMF files for a feature - it was shot on an EX-3, it's in XDCAM, I've done several films with this exact same setup and same composer and sound designer with no issue. This is my first OMF export on FCP 7 and now my mixer is having serious issues - the 2 pops are lined up properly at the head of the film (even though they aren't falling at the correct 59:58 but they're at least lined up) but at the end, the 2 pops are all over the place. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to my export issue, there's dialogue moved a few seconds off of it's paired track (say A1 is boom, A2 is lav - in the FCP timeline they're in sync but in protools on my OMF, the A1 track will happen a few seconds early - it's not drift or consistent - then in other scenes those tracks will be fine). I've tried exporting an OMF from two different FCP 7.0.1 versions (tried at my mixers studio on a consolidated project of the film off of a firewire drive so the project file itself was different) with the same issue. The only positive thing I can say is that each time, it makes the exact same OMF with the same issues so it's not randomly having errors. Multiple FCP setups spat out exactly the same problemed OMF. I did a search to see if 7.0.1 had a known bug with OMF's but I couldn't find anything. Just in case, here's how I export OMF's and is how I've been doing it the past 5 years:

Mute all tracks except those I want to export (say for the first file I'll leave only A1 and A2 on). File > Export > Audio to OMF > 48khz, 16 bit, 4 second handles (we tried doing 1 second handles and 10 second handles with no luck). Then I'll do the same for A3-A4, then A5-A10 will usually fit on one OMF file.

Any ideas? We're on a very tight deadline as this was actually Brittany Murphy's last starring role and the producers want to get this film to market (I know, it sounds horrible but is the nature of the business I guess)...

FCP / AVID EDITOR
Features : Television
http://www.DefiningFilms.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]