APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: Compressor settings for HD to SD

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Rafael Amador
Re: Compressor settings for HD to SD
on Sep 16, 2009 at 4:04:58 pm

Hi Brad,
You need to duplicate the preset and set "Video Format" to NTSC or PAL. Don't let it in Auto. Then you will be able to tweak the GOPs.

[Brad Elliott] "My opinion on short GOPs is based on our hardware encoding card's presets. 90 minutes or longer use shorter GOPs while 60 minutes or less have 15 frame GOPs. "
Right. Long GOPs means less "I" frames. You can low the data rate so you can put longer movies in a DVD.
Short GOPs means more "I" frames. There are more original pictures that are used as refference for compression and de-compression. You can achieve more quality.

I told you, is interesting to use Open GOPs. Closed GOPs have one "I" frame that is the "reference " frame.
With Open GOPs, each GOP use his "I"frame, but also uses the GOP before as reference.

[Brad Elliott] "I have read that closed GOPs are recommended for DVDSP and that closed GOPs are required for multi-angle DVDs. Am I mistaken?"
DVDSTP doesn't care much about the GOPs. Only in the case of Multi-angle DVDs there is the limitation that you points. As I told you, by default BitVice and CinemaCraft works with Open GOPs.
Are you making a multi-angle DVD?
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]