APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X Creative Community Conversations FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: FCP issue with personal Mac Pro

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

David Roth Weiss
Re: FCP issue with personal Mac Pro
on Sep 4, 2009 at 4:48:31 pm

[Gabe Cotto] "I set the video codec to Animation in the sequence settings in FCP because I had a bunch of motion graphics from After Effects."

The most important factor of all in your situation is what you have written above. DVCPro50 works in 4:2:2 color space, just as the animation codec does, however it's a realtime codec in FCP, unlike the animation codec. There should be no compelling reason for you to change the timeline settings to animation codec in this case, especially if playing off of a single hard drive, but there are several reasons not to. Change back to DVCPro50 and your issue will go away and your graphics should not suffer undue compression.

BTW, you said that you were playing back off of a single internal drive in your machine and in the one at work. If you run a throughput test, such as the one in the AJA System Test, I'm sure you will find that for some reason the throughput of your disk drive at home is not the same as the one at work, and anyway, uncompressed codecs, such as the animation codec, can rarely play from a single drive without dropping frames.

Your graphics card most likely has very little, if anything, to do with the issue.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

A forum host of Creative COW's Apple Final Cut Pro, Business & Marketing, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]