APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X Creative Community Conversations FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

FCP issue with personal Mac Pro

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Gabe Cotto
FCP issue with personal Mac Pro
on Sep 4, 2009 at 4:01:26 pm

I recently brought a project from the office home to work on my Quad Core Mac Pro. My Mac Pro is identical to the Mac Pro I work on at the office with the exception of the graphics card. My personal Mac Pro has the stock graphic card that came with it (2008 2.8 Quad Core), the Mac Pro at my office has the Nvidia 8800 GT. The problem I ran into is that when I was at home working on my Mac Pro, it took 4 seconds to to render a frame when I was scrubbing through the video. At work this morning when I opened the project up on the Mac Pro in my office, I had no problems scrubbing through the video. The video was captured in Avid Media Composer, and exported using the Avid DVCPRO 50 codec. I set the video codec to Animation in the sequence settings in FCP because I had a bunch of motion graphics from After Effects.

I don't understand why my Mac Pro at home would have trouble rendering the video while scrubbing while the Mac Pro at my office had no problems. From what I understand about graphic cards, that shouldn't be my issue. Both Mac Pro's have 8GB of RAM and both projects were working off of an internal hard drive. Any thoughts?

Thank you all

"Auto save is life."

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]