APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X FCPX Debates FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Best SD to HD upscale solution? Trying to make 4:3 footage fit into a 16:9 film, seamlessly!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Michael Lansdell
Best SD to HD upscale solution? Trying to make 4:3 footage fit into a 16:9 film, seamlessly!
on Mar 6, 2009 at 9:12:48 am

I have some old interview shot in 4:3, that needs to seamlessly into a 16:9 project. I figure the best way to do this on most of the shots is upscale into HD, and then I can pull the image out to fill the frame (or shrink it back, as the case may be with HD footage!).
But, there do seem to be a lot of upscaling plugins out there, so I'd like peoples opinions on what they've used. It's only for about 6 shots in an hour long programme, so I don't want to go to a big expense if possible.

Alternatively, is there another option? Are there plugins that can draw in the missing data of a 4:3 shot to make it 16:9?

I've included an example of the IV footage, so you can see, I've done a little to the 16:9 one to try and clean it up, but it's not good enough for me!

a href='http://i1.creativecow.net/u/83998/43.jpg'>

Michael Lansdell

Online Editor,
Available Light Productions Ltd

My system:

2 x 3 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
5GB DDR2 RAM
512MB ATI Radeon X1900 XT
OS X 10.4.11
Final Cut Pro 6.0.4
Blackmagic Design DeckLink HD Extreme (6.6.2)

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]