APPLE FINAL CUT PRO: Apple Final Cut Pro X Creative Community Conversations FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Re: FCP Movie into PowerPoint--Need Advice

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Dave Mehrman
Re: FCP Movie into PowerPoint--Need Advice
on Nov 12, 2008 at 5:40:42 pm

Let me just start by saying how much i hate PPT and getting videos to play back reliable is so frustrating; however, i think i have found a solution that seems to work.

I create powerpoints with WMVs embedded all the time and this is what i do to ensure my clients can play them back.

My first question is what versions of powerpoint are you using. Older versions don't play as well with video as some of the newer versions, i.e. Office 2007 or even 2003 (2008 or 2004 mac versions).

Any version earlier than 2003 has issues with video playback, they work, but not as well as 2003 and later. I have had videos that play fine in Window Media Player but just come up as a white screen with audio playing back when in powerpoint. So your playback issue might have nothing to do with your video file but your PPT version.

Now, once you get that PPT together and the video is playing back, I highly recommend you burn the whole presentation to a CD using the burn to CD export function. That will consolidate the presentation and videos to one folder on the disc and ensure the links will stay.

Depending on your compression settings, the video might playback fine from the CD (i will typically compress my video to a bit rate that will allow playback from the disc). If it does not, you can then copy the contents of the disc to a folder on the computer, and the project will be all together in a nice neat package and the links should all be ok.

hopefully that helps out.

dave mehrman

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]